Saturday, August 29

Still alive?


Dear all,

It has been a long time since my last post, actually it has been too long. During the last months I regularly got questions of you. Where are your pictures? What happened? Too busy? It's not that I didn't take any picture in the last months, although the summer months aren't the most interesting ones according to my taste. Behind the scene I've been working on a major update of the website http://www.ifornature.nl/. Based on feedback of the visitors there are significant changes on the way. I will inform you when the updated website is online. After archiving the pictures of last spring, I'm currently working on the summer photos.

In July, we spend a terrific holiday in Finland and Norway. We made a trip quite similar to the one we made last year, but it felt completely different .... the people were more 'alive', the weather was better, the touristic centra were open, .... actually, it felt like we celebrated two springs this year. The first in April/May in Holland and another one during the Scandinavian summer. In the coming weeks I will blog a travel report in three chapters. The first one will be on the brown bears at the Wild Brown Bear lodge, the second about the beautiful coastline and birds of Varanger peninsula, and the last chapter will be about the bears of Martinselkonen Wilds Centre. As an appetizer for the first chapter a brown bear in black and white. More to come..........






Happy shooting,

Dirk-Jan