Tuesday, March 25

Spring?

Last week I told you that spring had arrived in the Netherland. And now, what happened in the meantime?! An arctic depression brought snow during the Eastern weekend. Mother Nature took us by surprise! No white X-mas, but a white Eastern. Yesterday (second Eastern day as we call it) was a free day in the Netherland. A beautiful day for photography in 'winterly' conditions. I woke up at 5.30h after an uneasy sleep. Yes, it was still snowing! After a quick breakfast and a coffee, I had to remove about 10 cm of snow from the car. Before sunrise I arrived at a snow-covered polder Arkemheen after a slippery car drive. The plan was to make pictures of black-tailed godwits and lapwings in the snow. Usually these species arrive in the early spring and snow is rather scarce in this period. This was my change to take unusual photos of those species. I like to share with you two pictures of this remarkable day. One of the snow-covered polder landscape and the another one is a traditional 'black-tailed godwit on a pole', but then different.

Cheers,
Dirk-Jan

Nikon D3, AF-S 24-70/2.8




Nikon D3, AF-S VR 600/4.0 with 1.4*TC