Tuesday, April 7

First April Fools' Day


Last friday afternoon, I found an 'official' letter at the doorstep of my photography hide. The sender of the letter was the municipal of Oldebroek, where the hide is located. The bottomline of the letter was that I owned a recreation object on their soil. The size of the parcel was estimated to be 130 square meters. As a result I had to pay them the so-called WOZ tax of 382 euro's. This kind of tax needs to be paid by house owners in the Netherlands. As the letter was dated on the 1st of April it was clearly a joke. But now I had to find the offenders. That wasn't easy. Was it my family, friends, or perhaps the manager of the forest? It cost me several days to unravel the mistery. Today the pieces fell together. My dear colleagues were behind this first of Aprils' joke.

Thanks guys, it was great fun!
Dirk-Jan